Friday, June 19, 2015

Natural Hair | Fav Products

I get this question a lot. What do you use on your hair? Well, let me answer you boo!


Water
Sounds cliche but our hair thrives on water and moisture. Be sure to give your hair plenty of water, washing it at least weekly. To re moisturize during the week I use a spray bottle filled with water focusing on my ends. I don't add anything to the water. It's simple plain ole water.

Coconut Oil
BEST THING EVER. Coconut oil is so good guys. Great for sealing in moisture, moisturizing, adding to deep conditioners, pre-pooing, heat protectant... It's a holy grail product. I may add olive oil to it, but it's definitely my go to oil. I use locally made coconut oil, since it's accessible for me and they work like a charm.

Shea Butter
Thank you to the Ghanian people for producing this wonderful butter. I usually use this for moisturizing and twist outs. I use it with the coconut oil, but try to focus the oil on my ends and the butter on my shaft. This gives incredible shine, keeps the hair soft and manageable. It's just awesome.

ORS Replenshing Conditioner
This right hereeeeeee...sent from heaven. If you're looking for an affordable deep conditioner which gives great moisture, shine and adds all the glamour and sparkle back to your hair, this is it. It is also really good as a base conditioner because you can easily add products to it to give it a boost. I usually add coconut oil to give it that extra pizaz.

Tresemme Conditioner
Famously known as 'the white conditioner'. I absolutely love this because of the size and affordability. The bottle is huge, it smells great and is awesome for cowashing. I absolutely love using this. I sometimes use it as a leave-in conditioner.

Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie
Mine is all out, but! When I want an extra BOMB twist out or bantu knot out, this right here gives GREAT definition and shine. Guys, this is so good, but definitely on the pricey side. But it works like a dream.

Eco-styler Gel
Probably the best styling gel that ever existed in stores. This stuff is amazeballs. I've tried a whole bunch of them, but I gravitate towards the argan oil one because I love the smell. The hold is like...no other and the shine....ON FLEEK. I use this for wash n go's and stretched styles. It does have a slight crunchy feel, but it's easy to remove that feeling with a bit of oil.

Hope this was helpful!


No comments:

Post a Comment