Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Wash Day Routine (6 STEPS)

In case you ever wondered about my wash day routine, it goes like this. 
SIDE NOTE:
I wash my hair close to every 2 weeks and cowash in between. I use the ORS Creamy Aloe Shampoo and then I always follow up with a deep conditioner, mainly my ORS Replenishing Conditioner with some coconut oil.  
SIDE NOTE x2
I only use shampoo when I use too much shea butter. 

1. I prepoo with coconut oil. I lightly detangle my hair with my fingers with the coconut oil in removing major knots and tangles.

2. Using warm water, I soak my hair and then using a quarter sized amount of shampoo, I massage this on my scalp only, focusing first on the dirtiest parts of my hair. I apply more shampoo as needed around the rest of my head. I try to make this process last for less then 5 minutes.

3. I wash this out slowly, ensuring that the shampoo runs along the length of my hair to cleanse it as well. I continue washing this out until all the suds are out. I then blot out the excess water with a t-shirt.

4. I mix my deep conditioner with coconut oil in a bowl, section off my hair into 4, and separate these 4 sections into 2 or 3 smaller sections, applying the concoction generously, especially on the ends and finger detangling. (Depends on the way my hair is or the style I'm going for later, I will use a comb). When each section is completely detangled and saturated with product, I twist it up and move on. I usually start from the back and work my way up.

5. I collect all my twists and I put on my shower cap, and let it sit for whatever amount of time I desire. But after 30-45 mins it should be fine.

6.When I'm ready, I rinse this out using cold water, while keeping the twists in. I then wrap my hair in t-shirt and allow it to soak up the excess water before I go on with my leave in conditioner and styling.

That's it guys. Six steps to clean and springy hair! Hope it helps.

Finished Results! 



No comments:

Post a Comment